I’m excited about a brand new event happening in Edmonton this coming weekend, Mar 6-7. It’s a fun, mini Dragon’s Den style entrepreneurial experience called Startup Weekend EDU. I am on the volunteer organizing team. SWEDU is a chance for youth in grades 9-12 and educators to learn from and work with experienced entrepreneurs, designers, and developers and bring an idea to life in just one weekend. It’s a great way to dive into entrepreneurial thinking and network with educators, youth, designers, entrepreneurs, and business development professionals. No experience is necessary–just be ready for fun and learning!
Startup Weekend EDU is for:
- Youth in grades 9-12 (register for FREE)
- Post-secondary students in business, design, coding, and education (register using the student discount)
- Educators, teachers, professors, trainers, professional learning facilitators, and those in the learning and education industry
- Designers, creatives, and makers
- Developers, coders, and hackers
- Business professionals and marketers
- Entrepreneurs and anyone with big ideas
No experience necessary. Just come with energy and enthusiasm!
What’s in it for you:
- Gain insights from George Couros, Division Principal of Innovative Teaching and Learning at Parkland School Division
- Meet Tom Stoesz, 14-year old Startup Weekend EDU winner
- Learn how to apply entrepreneurial thinking through authentic learning experiences that can be used in and out of the classroom
- Network and connect with Edmonton leaders in business, technology, design, programming, entrepreneurship, and education
- Learn how to find problems, develop solutions, and validate ideas using theLean Business Model Canvas alongside experienced entrepreneurs
- Win great prizes that can help take your idea to the next level
Learn more and register here: http://bit.ly/sweduyeg2015
Hope to see you there!
Read about SWEDU from an educator’s point of view: